“The 3 Simple Rules of Investing”
Carol Fabbri, Principal, Fair Advisors
What if the most effective investment portfolio was also the easiest to manage and the least expensive? As the authors of this clear, practical, and enlightening book—part financial guide, part exposé—prove, there are just three simple rules you need to follow and only a few, very inexpensive investment products that are necessary for an ideal portfolio. The authors deftly bust investing’s myths—what they call investing's Seven Deadly Temptations—and dispense with all that complicated, confusing, and self-serving advice of the Wall Street wolves. By embracing commonsense solutions and rejecting investments that seem enticing but are overpriced, needlessly complex and risky, you'll put not only yourself in a stronger position, but the entire economy as well.
"Personal Investing: The Missing Manual"
Carol Fabbri, Principal Fair Advisors
Your financial goals probably include a comfortable retirement, paying for your kids' college education, and long-term healthcare. But you can't reach those goals by putting your money in a savings account. You need to invest it so it grows over time. Three seasoned personal finance experts show you how in this jargon-free guide.
• Investing demystified — Get clear, real-world examples of why investing is crucial to your financial goals.
• How to invest — Learn how to evaluate four types of investment so you make the right decisions.
• Hidden gems. Discover lesser-known, low-cost investments that provide tax advantages.
• Retirement, Education, Healthcare — Find chapters devoted to the fine points of each of these big-ticket goals.
• Flexibility — Learn how to change your investment strategy as you age.
• Choices — Find an investment plan that's right for you — whether you're a conservative investor or go-for-broke risk taker.